A completely clear acrylic cot!31.05.11
I got the link to this cot via my Twitter friend Poppy. She owns a gorgeous shop called Habitat Furniture Warehouse that specialises in making handmade timber furniture in Canterbury, Sydney. If you’re in the neighbourhood, go check it out.
Now, about this cot. Trendhunter thinks it’s pure genius, but I’m not so sure. I think the girl waxing lyrical about it does not have kids as these are her ‘plus’ points for it:
- Durable and easy to wipe down. (Agree. Especially useful for projectile vomiters!)
- Beautiful and the texture is shiny like crystal. (Hmm, it’s just plastic lady. Don’t go overboard).
- Inviting environment for babies because they can see out clearly. (Yes, but that’s also a downside, see below).
- Parents can see baby from any angle. (Again, a downside, see below).
As soon as any parent looks at this cot they will immediately think:
- How on earth am I going to creep out of the room once baby is settled?
- How do I check on baby without them seeing me? (Impossible!).
- How will baby ever get to sleep with all the distractions visible in the room?
- How quickly can baby scrape one of their toys onto the side and inflict a scratch or fifty (that are there forever!).
At least, that’s what popped into my head. I mean, yes I agree, this is a gorgeous cot. The design is sleek, modern and would be easy to clean. I just don’t think it’s super practical – although it would look very nice in Poppy’s nursery!
What’s the first thing you think when you look at that cot? Let me know in the comments.